After School Programs
Nutty Scientists Canada After School Programs are available to public and private schools, as well as associations. These popular hands-on activities offer a great learning value and encourage the active participation of children. Our Nutty Scientists are specially trained to simultaneously entertain and educate.
Nutty Scientists Canada draws from an ever-expanding number of proprietary workshops and experiments, to create activities tailored to different age groups, from 5 to 14 years old.
After School Program Objectives
Raise children´s interest in the world of science through experimentation and direct observation of everything around them.
Our unique methodology, allows children to be hands-on and actively involved in the learning process. It utilizes creative participatory techniques to develop their imagination and intellect.
Nutty Scientists aims to stimulate critical attitudes through questioning, as well as encouraging observation and experimentation.
What can you expect?
- Perfectly planned programs.
- One hour of activity weekly, including an explanation, an experiment and a different hands-on activity.
- Instructors expertly trained in the Nutty Scientists methodology.
- Nutty Scientists Canada provides all materials, so a normal classroom setting is all that’s needed.
- Membership items from Club Nutty Scientists (i.e. notebook, pen, diplomas, possibility of discounts at museums and educational activities).
- Invitation to Open House events.
- Progress and final reports to parents.
- Chemical Reactions
- Light in Action
- Acid and Bases
- Playing with the Van de Graaff
- Trip to Planets
- Density of Matter
- Good Vibrations
- And many more!
- Registration required (minimum attendance needed)
- For children 5 to 14 years old
- No cost to schools other than providing a space